VICARS for Crime Victims
Who can get help?
You can receive free legal advice from us is you are a victim of a violent crime or a federal crime like ID theft or human trafficking.
What kind of help do you give to victims?
- help victims understand their rights in the criminal justice system
- help victims fill out victim impact statements and requests for restitution
- refer victims to resources in their communities
- provide emotional support and guidance
- for victims of ID theft, information about dealing with debt collectors and steps necessary to clear your credit history
- for victims of violent crimes and human trafficking, help applying for Crime Victims’ Compensation
for frequently asked questions regarding VICARS for Crime Victims.
Contact us by calling 888-343-4414 or 800-622-2520, or by visiting our website at www.idvictim.org