Family, Parenting, and Child Welfare


Supporting families and individuals through domestic legal matters, such as custody, visitation rights, child support, child safety, and name changes.

Figure 29.jpg

Family Helpline

Speak with an experienced child welfare attorney about Child Protective Services (CPS) issues in Texas. We provide callers with reliable legal information and education — over the phone and in an anonymous setting. Anyone may call the Family Helpline, not just the parents of children involved with Child Protective Services. We frequently speak with extended relatives, family friends, and other concerned community members. ​


There are no eligibility requirements — we accept all callers with questions about Texas Child Protective Services. 


The Family Helpline

Monday - Friday | 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM


Parenting Order LiveChat


Chat with a TLSC Attorney about parenting legal issues like visitations, custody, and modifications to those types of court orders. LiveChat is available on during operating hours. 


We can help all qualifying Texas parents with their access and visitation questions. Eligible noncustodial parents may receive quick legal advice, while eligible custodial parents may receive assistance with legal information and referrals. 


Parenting Order LiveChat

Monday & Wednesday | 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Friday | 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM



Virtual Clinics: Child Custody During the Holidays. Non-custodial parents can work with attorneys to create holiday parenting schedules based on their possession orders. Learn more and register.

Rural Family Law Clinics


TLSC hosts free legal clinics once a month in select rural counties. Our attorneys can advise on family law issues. Family law issues involve family relationships — like divorce, child custody, visitation rights, paternity, and name changes. 

Texas Counties with Clinics: Anderson, Childress, Erath, Frio, Gaines, Granbury, Hardin, Hood, Kerr, Llano, Ochiltree, Pecos, Reeves, Titus, Uvalde, Washington, Wharton, and Young.

Eligible Texans living in other rural counties can register for a virtual consultation.


Your household income must be at or below 125% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.