Housing and Financial Matters


Ensuring your home is a safe place to live, and helping you navigate bankruptcy, eviction, debt collection, and other financial issues.


Eviction Helpline

For qualified individuals in rural counties, TLSC can give information and advice regarding eviction relief. Attorneys can negotiate with landlords so tenants can stay in their homes. Attorneys can also help tenants access local rent and utility programs.  


For some individuals, TLSC can provide in-court representation. 


Must be income eligible. You must live in a rural Texas county as defined by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs.

Veterans Foreclosure Prevention Project

The Veterans Foreclosure Prevention Project is a statewide project dedicated to providing legal assistance at no charge to low-income veterans, their spouses, their dependents, and surviving spouses of deceased veterans. 

We work with low-income veterans and their families to prevent foreclosure, navigate bankruptcy, and provide consumer protections from predatory lending, deceptive trade practices, and debt collection violation. 


You must be a Texas resident. You must be a veteran or the spouse, surviving spouse, or a dependent (a minor child or an adult child with disabilities living with the parents) of a veteran.

Your household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. 


Veterans Foreclosure Prevention Project

Monday - Friday | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

800.622.2520, Option 2

Learn More About veterans'-specific financial issues on our partner site TexasLawHelp.org